Monday, August 11, 2008

ABC of Liver,Pancreas, and Gall Bladder

ABC of Liver,Pancreas, and Gall Bladder

Diseases of the Liver, Pancreas and biliary system affect a substantial proportion of the worlds
population and involve doctors and health care workers across many disciplines. Many of these
diseases produce great misery and distress and are economically important requiring much time
off work. The aim of this series was to provide an overview of these diseases and enable the busy
clinician to keep abreast of advances in diagnosis and management of not only the common but
also the rarer, but none the less important, condition.
Content

1 Investigation of liver and biliary disease
I J Beckingham, S D Ryder
2 Gallstone disease
I J Beckingham
3 Acute hepatitis
S D Ryder, I J Beckingham
4 Chronic viral hepatitis
S D Ryder, I J Beckingham
5 Other causes of parenchymal liver disease
S D Ryder, I J Beckingham
6 Portal hypertension-1:varices
J E J Krige, I J Beckingham
7 Portal hypertension -2. Ascites, encephalopathy, and other conditions
J E J Krige, I J Beckingham
8 Liver tumours
I J Beckingham, J E J Krige
9 Liver abscesses and hydatid disease
J E J Krige, I J Beckingham
10 Acute pancreatitis
I J Beckingham, P C Bornman
11 Chronic pancreatitis
P C Bornman, I J Beckingham
12 Pancreatic tumours
P C Bornman, I J Beckingham
13 Liver and pancreatic trauma
I J Beckingham, J E J Krige
14 Transplantation of the liver and pancreas
K R Prasad, J P A Lodge

Download
ABC of Liver,Pancreas, and Gall Bladder

No comments: